Please check if your book is up to date
New traffic rules 31 May 2019
- A pedestrian must use a pedestrian crossing if it is at a distance of 20 meters. (previously 30 m).
- Children under the age of 10 may ride with a bicycle on the footpath inside or outside built-up areas (previously 9 years).
- Lateral distance when a car or motorcycle overtakes a pedestrian or cyclist:
- Within built-up areas: 1 meter.
- Outside the built-up areas: 1.5 meters.
The maximum speed (1/1/2017)
The maximum speed on an ordinary road is in the region Walloon and Brussels-capital: 90 km/hour. In Flanders: 70 km/hour (since January 1, 2017). Except when traffic rules signs impose a different speed limit.